As Seen On:
Hi, I’m Chris Freytag, founder of Get Healthy U.
I have been a fitness addict pretty much my whole life. At a young age, I discovered that movement made me feel good and it’s been a part of my mission for the last 35+ years to help others experience what it means to feel good, be happy and love life.
I have also been studying nutrition and food for most of my life. And now, in my late 50’s, I not only believe but know that what you eat affects your physical and mental health.
I’m mildly obsessed with sharing all I know with you and want to help you get healthy and feel beautiful each and every day. To me, this means taking care of yourself for your long-term health, not to fit into a certain dress size or live up to an ideal painted for us by the media. And by the way, there is no such thing as a “perfect” body anyway.
What qualifies me to help you?
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Health Coach
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- YogaFit Certified
- Pilates Trained Mat and Reformer
- ACE Board of Directors – Emeritus Member
- Board of Visitors, J-School, Mass Communications, UW-Madison
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from University of Wisconsin
- Author of 7 books and dozens of fitness DVDs
- Founder of Get Healthy U TV workout app and subscription
I’m a realist. I believe you can transform your body and mind… and look incredible at any age.
Being in my late 50s, I do know the struggles of fighting against nature. I don’t love the grey hairs, wrinkles and aging skin, but I love and appreciate my body more now than in the past. I am okay with my imperfections and feel good about who I am. I am aware of my strengths and accepting of my weaknesses, and I am always willing to work on them. Age makes people more attractive in so many ways because of how they have developed on the inside and less of what’s on the outside. And I’m here to help you feel great in your own skin and live your most fit life.
I also know the struggles of limited time. I have three kids, now grown, but when they were little, it wasn’t easy to stay in shape. After spending a couple of decades racing through each day to meet the demands of raising a family, holding down a job, and dealing with all of the emotions and energy needed to parent, I am committed to helping women of all ages manage their health while reigning in the chaos and dealing with the stress of everyday life.
I truly understand it’s not always an easy choice, and I love, love, love helping people find a way to make that choice a habitual and natural one.
That’s why I have this site. To share my gift, my knack for motivating and guiding you to make the right little choices, day after day, in a way that adds up to big, incredible success.
I love to talk about habits that keep you looking and feeling incredible, but don’t control your life. If that idea lights you up, you’re going to like it here.
A few personal nuggets:
- I live in Minneapolis with my husband of 33 years. We have 3 grown kids in their 20s and 30s.
- I graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1987 with a degree in Journalism and a passion for fitness.
- I spent over 10 years doing the Motivation Monday segment on KARE 11 NBC in the Twin Cities, have been doing home shopping for 15 years.
- I wrote a column in Prevention Magazine for 10 years.
- I teach live group fitness classes each week to a group of amazing people.
- I run Get Healthy U TV workout app where we have over 500 workouts of all types, levels and for all ages.