Recipe: Lemon Poppyseed Cake
Dessert Recipes, Snack and Appetizer Recipes
We love lemon poppyseed muffins/cake/bread, but we don’t love when it’s loaded with white flour and sugar. This healthy version is made with whole wheat flour and less sugar than most, plus the addition of coconut oil and vanilla yogurt makes it extra moist and delicious. Our favorite way to serve it? In this simple, yet elegant Lemon Berry Trifle!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add in flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine coconut oil, vanilla yogurt, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until batter forms.
- Add batter to a loaf pan and bake 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 slice
Protein: 7 gram(s)
Fat: 11 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 34 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 14 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Leave a Comment