Recipe: Mini Apple Walnut Bundt Cakes
These mini apple walnut bundt cakes are about the cutest things we’ve ever seen. Not to mention they’re guilt free and delicious! Made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and applesauce, the mini cakes are super moist and flavorful making them a perfect dessert (or dare we say, breakfast?!). And don’t worry, if you don’t have mini bundt cake tins, feel free to use a regular muffin tin – just adjust your oven time accordingly!
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- Grapeseed oil cooking spray (or other cooking spray)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely diced (unpeeled)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray mini bundt cake tins generously with grapeseed oil and set aside.
- Whisk together coconut oil, sugar and molasses until combined and crumbly.
- Mix in egg, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture whisking after each addition.
- Fold in diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 bundt cake
Protein: 7 gram(s)
Fat: 19 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 48 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 26 gram(s)
*If you do not have mini bundt cake tins, you can use a muffin tin; just adjust oven times accordingly!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Leave a Comment